Twitter


In Jason McDonald’s “Social Media Marketing Workbook,” he calls Twitter “microblogging.” In all honesty, I have little to say about the Twitter chapter, so here is my microblog.

I must admit, Twitter is my least favorite platform. Trust me, I have given it a chance, but it is not for me. Although I may not like it, I still believe it is important to understand it and luckily, Jason McDonald has you covered in his “Social Media Marketing Workbook.” He does very well explaining the many different aspects of Twitter such as hashtags and handles. For someone who has never used Twitter before, this would be very helpful because he covers all the basics. For others who have used Twitter before, he does add new knowledge.

As a mentioned before, McDonald says Twitter is microblogging. I realize this is a very good metaphor. Tweets consist of a story, opinion, etc. in very few words. McDonald also adds Twitter requires more attention to posts than profile appearance when it comes to marketing. This is very helpful information. Twitter does not allow much customization. Therefore, the main way to stand out to your audience is through your posts. That said, it is important to make a posting strategy when using Twitter for marketing purposes.

Overall, McDonald gives a good overview of Twitter in his “Social Media Marketing Workbook.” For those who have not used Twitter before, I recommend looking into this chapter to get a better understanding of the platform. For those who have used Twitter before, he may provide information you did not know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preparing for the Interview

Customization is Key

Memories from my 4-year-old self