Spring break? What spring break?


When people think of spring break and college students, they normally think of fun vacations and parties. Clearly, this is not the case for me.
Two days are left of my spring break and so far, I have worked, slept and worked. I would love to go to the beach or take a road trip but unfortunately, you must make money to spend money. On the other hand, I guess a few interesting things have happened during my break. Although my spring break is not officially over, here is a small recap of what has happened.
The most exciting thing to happen during my break was a phone interview for an internship. Not too long ago I applied for a graphic design internship with Thirty-One Gifts. If you have not heard of the company, they are a woman-based company who sell customizable bags, jewelry, etc. They design their products with beautiful prints and colors. I have grown up knowing the company and loving their brand, so I was excited to see they offered an internship. Shortly after applying, I received a phone call from them, and we set up a date to interview over the phone.  I thought the interview went well, but I am still really nervous. It appears I will be filled with anticipation to find out if they would like to interview me in person or hire me as an intern for the next week or two.
A crazy thing to happen during break was my sister left her fiancé. Do not be too surprised. This is not the first time this has happened. Since she has nowhere else to go, she came to our house. It was really nice getting to see my niece and nephew but like my mom, my sister gets crazy. Put my mother and my sister together, you get a cat fight! I went home that night with intentions of getting some homework done but instead, I spent my night listening to my crazy sister.
On the bright side, I do believe I was quite productive over break. I made money, got homework done and still found some time to relax. I watched the little mermaid, spent time with my boyfriend a played with my pet mice. No, I did not get to go to the beach or on a fun-filled vacation, but I still enjoyed myself. There is always next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preparing for the Interview

Customization is Key

Memories from my 4-year-old self