Instagram Business Pages


As a graphic designer, I love visuals. Therefore, I absolutely love Instagram! Although Instagram does not beat Facebook as my first choice, it is a close second. Maybe this is because Facebook owns Instagram! Since I love Instagram so much, I was really interested to see what Jason McDonald had to say about the platform in his “Social Media Marketing Workbook.” I might have thought I knew everything about Instagram, but it turns out there was one thing I did not know: Instagram has business pages.
I feel silly for not knowing this, but it never crossed my mind! I know Facebook has pages for businesses, but I never imagined this for Instagram. Fortunately, they do exist and can be made rather easily.
Since Instagram is owned by Facebook, you must have a Facebook business page to make one for Instagram. I think this is nice because it is easy and convenient to connect the two. Once you have a Facebook business page, you are good to set one up for Instagram.
Well, what if you have an Instagram page for your business, but it is already set up as a personal page? Luckily, Instagram has a simple solution. All you have to do is flip a switch in your settings! That is correct. You flip the switch, connect your Facebook business page and you are set! I find this incredibly helpful because I accidentally did this with my business page. I am relieved they have this simple solution because it is very convenient. Do they have this for Facebook pages?
So, what is so great about having a business page for Instagram? With an Instagram business page, you can advertise, and it provides reporting. I also feel it looks better to have a business page for your business because it appears more credible. If you have a business, there is no harm in making the switch!
Although this information may seem quite simple to some, I am glad Jason McDonald talks about this in his “Social Media Marketing Workbook.” Facebook pages are great, so I find it extremely helpful to have them for Instagram. The process to set one up is so simple, and they are very helpful for your business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preparing for the Interview

Customization is Key

Memories from my 4-year-old self