ONU Department of Art and Design: Our Home




On March 20th, 2018, I created a video of the Ohio Northern University Department of Art and Design. At first, I struggled to think of a topic for my video. Somehow, I thought of my department, and I realized it would be perfect! I am truly passionate about the Department of Art and Design and by making a video for it, I could finally give the department some publicity.

In order to make the video, I took short clips of people, artwork and other details within the department. Also, believe it or not, all the footage was taken on my Galaxy S8. I could have made a video with images, but I felt video clips are more interesting. Artists and designers are visual people, so I wanted to gather clips to intrigue the visual senses of viewers.

When I started to edit the video, I was nervous because I have never used Adobe Premiere Pro before. Luckily, a google search and some tutorials helped me through!
Originally, I had planned to introduce the video with a short clip of myself. After I attempted to take this footage, I quickly changed my mind.  Then, I thought I would do a voiceover, but that idea failed as well. I then thought of what the department meant to me. To me, it feels like home. I then thought of the song “Home,” by Phillip Phillips. I knew the song has been overused in the past, but I knew it would work best for what I was trying to say.
I had a lot of fun editing the music and editing the video clips to fit the music. When it all came together, I was really happy with the final product
I am glad I had the opportunity to make this video. The Department of Art and Design does not get much attention and through this video, I feel I am proving to others why it should.


You can click here to view the video on YouTube.com. Please feel free to share and comment!



Comments

  1. This is just such a great video. It really shows all the great things in Wilson. It's almost hard to believe this video was shot in the art building. There's just so many gorgeous and interesting things to look at. I guess spending so much of our time there causes us to lose sight of all the wondrous things the building has to offer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Preparing for the Interview

Customization is Key

Memories from my 4-year-old self