Trivia and Tweeting


On Feb. 8, 2018, Cheyenne Eldridge and I attempted to live tweet. Neither of us are comfortable with Twitter, so it was a unique experience. We attended the Student Planning Committee Trivia at Ohio Northern University.

The Student Planning Committee (SPC) is a student organization who plans multiple events for students throughout the school year. Some of these events include painting, bingo and of course, trivia. I have previously attended a few of these events but as well as live tweeting, this was my first trivia experience.

As soon as Cheyenne and I decided we were going to live tweet trivia, we had to get busy. First, we had to prepare our audience by letting them know we were going to live tweet. I invited my followers to join us by letting them know when and where the event started.

The intensity built as people gathered into the event. We got our phones and prepared ourselves for two hours of trivia and tweeting. Immediately, we found it uncomfortable constantly having out our phones. We were also nervous because we were afraid people would think we were trying to cheat! It was clear we were not since we did not reach top three in any of the categories.

Once we got past the awkwardness, Cheyenne and I had a blast at the event. We laughed, cheered, pouted and smiled. We did well in some categories while in others, we did not. The good thing was we did not care about winning or losing. We were only there to tweet and have a good time.

A problem we had was we found it difficult to remember to tweet because we were having such a good time! It was also difficult to keep track of which team won each round. We still tried to capture the event the best we could.

Overall, this was an enjoyable experience. Although it felt odd to constantly be on our phones, we still had a great time and successfully live tweeted. I do not know if I will ever have to live tweet in the future but if I do, I will be prepared!

You can find me on Twitter at AmberlynCrystal, and you can find Cheyenne at Cheyidge. Please help us build our undeveloped accounts!

Comments

  1. I am a member of SPC so I am happy you chose our event as something to live tweet! I live tweeted as well this past weekend and I felt the same way about constantly being on my phone. When I am in a meeting or at an event I try really hard to stay off of my phone so having to constantly update and be live was hard. Trivia seemed like a really successful event for us so I am glad you had a good time. Ill be sure to follow you both on twitter! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Preparing for the Interview

Customization is Key

Memories from my 4-year-old self