Zoo to ONU





What is a better way to give college students an exciting study break and bring together the campus community than a zoo experience? Plus, it is entirely free!
On October 2, 2018, the Ohio Northern University Student Planning Committee (SPC) and Ada Friends presented Zoo to ONU. Through my experience, I can verify the event was a lot of fun and a huge success!
This year’s Zoo to ONU event featured a bounce house, basketball connect four, a caricature artist and of course, animals from the Toledo Zoo. Toledo Zoo zookeepers provided carrots for visitors to feed the kangaroos, sheep and goats as well as a camel, alpaca, steer and mini zebu. Not only did the animals get fed, they got a lot of attention!
Once the students and children got their fill of the furry friends, the students ran to get their portraits drawn by the caricature artist, and the children exhausted their energy jumping in the bounce house and shooting basketballs.
When the event was over, students, families and animals left with smiles on their faces.
I cannot wait to see which event SPC will do next!

Comments

  1. I am so sad I had to miss this event this semester. I went last spring and absolutely loved it. I am glad you enjoyed it and had fun. Hoping to get to more SPC events after fall break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos and I had no idea this event was going on because I would have attended and brought my camera.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Preparing for the Interview

Customization is Key

Memories from my 4-year-old self